This course provides an overview of the Teach Computing Curriculum, a freely available whole school computing curriculum designed to ensure progression of subject knowledge and key skills. You will be guided through the topics and skills taught across the primary phase and understand how it may be adapted to your own school setting. Designed for any computing subject leaders, or class teachers, who are looking to introduce a new computing scheme of work or adapt an existing one. You’ll take-away a full computing curriculum package ready-to-teach and will learn how to further develop your capability in this exciting and vital subject.
Who is it for?
Subject Leaders, Classroom Teachers
- the content of the Teach Computing Curriculum
- overview of progression and assessment within the Teach Computing Curriculum
- the requirements for teaching the Teach Computing Curriculum
- adapting the Teach Computing Curriculum to your school
- identifying further support for your setting
How long is this course?
How will you learn?
Remotely delivered online course
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
● understand what is needed in primary computing - the national curriculum
● to understand how the Teach Computing Curriculum relates to the national curriculum
● understand how the Teach Computing Curriculum may be used to teach computing within your school/class
● to be aware of the range of support available
● plan a pathway to improve computing in your school