Learners will find out about variables during this lesson. They will learn about the purpose of variables but also the necessary technical aspects of creating variables to a uniform standard. Variable declaration is not used in Python so a wider look at this through other programming languages is given to allow learners to gain an insight into its meaning.
- Use meaningful identifiers
- Determine the need for variables
- Distinguish between declaration, initialisation and assignment of variables
- Demonstrate appropriate use of naming conventions
- Output data (e.g. print (my_var))