This professional development programme has been designed to guide primary teachers through our comprehensive offer of courses, enrichment and resources and leads to a nationally recognised certificate.
We expect it to take around 20 hours to complete.
Who is it for?
- current teachers of computing across all experience and confidence levels
- existing and aspiring computing leaders and specialists
First time teaching computing?
What are the benefits?
- develop your knowledge and skills in primary computing
- gain the confidence to teach great lessons and inspire learners
- build your profile and take an active role in the computing community
- receive a nationally recognised certificate in primary computing
How does the programme work?
Our learning pathways provide a set of recommended courses and activities to help get the right outcomes for you.
- create an account or log in to your existing account
- see which of our pathways best matches your needs and enrol on the right one for you
- complete a tailored selection of courses and engagement activities
Do you currently teach computing but want to strengthen your subject knowledge and teaching practice? This pathway will help you to develop the understanding and skills to teach computing effectively.
Specialising or leading (PDF)
Are you taking on a subject leadership role or looking to specialise in computing teaching? This pathway will support you to build the confidence to lead computing effectively in your primary school.
We offer bursaries to teachers working in state-funded education in England.
Our network of Computing Hubs are here to help you, providing local training and support for teachers across England.