Assessment of subject knowledge informs teaching for education recovery, and also provides evidence for centre-assessed grades replacing traditional examinations.This short webinar introduces the free, quality-assured test banks provided by the National Centre for Computing Education, designed to reduce teacher workload. Two assessment packages will be presented:
- Diagnose gaps in KS3 computing curriculum knowledge to ensure students have firm foundations at transition, or upon the return to classroom teaching;
- Assess the breadth of the GCSE Computer Science curriculum, providing an additional source of data to support centre-assessment of summer exams.
You’ll learn how to easily adapt tests to fit your curriculum expectations, and how to assign tests to classes of students. Each test produces a rich set of assessment data that can be used to adapt teaching and target interventions.
Who is it for?
Teachers and subject leaders of KS3 computing and GCSE Computer Science
- N/A – single outcome course
How long is this course?
How will you learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Know the content and structure of quality-assured tests for GCSE Computer Science
- Be able to allocate tests to your classes
- Understand how to access and utilise assessment data to inform teaching